Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spontaneously App Launch

The stories is a bit funny... well at least I think its funny.

We were not going to launch the Punjabi Links App full fledged yet.  We were going to wait another week or so, as our website www.punjabilinks.com needed to be redesigned and then implemented. 

So we were going to wait a week to distribute the postcards and advertise the App.

I needed the link to the Punjabi Links App in the Apple App Store, as I wanted our Facebook Page ~ Punjabilinksdotcom  to have the Apple App Link there.  And the best way to get it was to share the link. 

So I logged into my Facebook Page and I was using the Page as 'Punjabilinksdotcom' .... well so I thought.

When I shared the App Link through Facebook, the link didn't show up on my Page, but my personal profile.  All my close friends and family knew about our project and were waiting for the launch.  When they saw the link to the app, they started to like it right away!

I was about to delete the Apple App Link for Punjabi Links App from my profile, but when everyone started to like it within seconds, I stopped.

Wait a minute.

If everyone is starting to like it... Why not?  So then I quickly decided to put the line,

'BETA VERSION.  OFFICIAL SITE YET TO LAUNCH. SEND YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS TO US'

on top of our current website, big, bold and yellow background.

When we did that, it felt really good.

We have official launched our App and Website (which is in Beta Version), as of Friday October 12th 2012.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What a sigh of relief that is...

I didn't realize what had just happened.  The project that we have been working on for the past 3 years, has suddenly just launched itself!

HA!

Its awesome how kismet, faith, mysteries of the universe, and the ultimate force play out... everything is in your control yet nothing is!

So now we are crazily promoting through Facebook, newsletters (thanks Mail Chimp!), word of mouth, messaging... and the list goes on.

All that we had prepared is now being implemented.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment